becoming martha?

I'm sure many of us know the story of Mary and Martha. They both are friends of Jesus. One day, Jesus came to their house. Martha wanted everything to be perfect for Him, she began to prepare dishes, tidy things, etc while Mary on the other side she just sat with God, and listened to everything He said.

There're times in my life, that I am much more like Martha. I am just too distracted with many things that seemed to be more important, or even I'm just too busy with "my attempt to pleasing God" for example just to be busy with ministry things. But the sad things is, sometimes when I evaluate what is my true motivation, I felt ashamed. There's nothing wrong with attempt to pleasing God, but when it makes my personal time with God diminished, or even disappeared then it's not right.

Through this thing, I know how broken I am, how weak I am, and therefore I need You.

We cannot outgive God, and what really matters is our heart.

Yesterday was easter. We're reminded again that Jesus is already died for our sins - and rose again. He has became the biggest criminals that ever exist, biggest liar, and full of condemnation only because of us, for our redemption. Until this time, I cannot understand why He would die for me and you, it's seems unbelieveable and doesnt even make sense. That's why we called it grace, the beauty of grace.

I believe that His redemption, not only for our sins in the past, but also our sins in the present, even in the future. But it doesnt mean that we can just do anything, because His redemption.

"Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindnes of God leads you to repentance." Romans 2:4

Lets become more like mary than martha.
Be better!

3 comments:

mmh... ini makanan keras, betuuul sekali, we often throw the baby out of the baskin. Yang penting and prioritas malah dilewatin oleh yang less important or sekedar nomor dua. seperti ungkapan, jangan buang esensi demi dekorasi. makasi ya ini makanan keras bukan susu, jadi harus hati2 jalaninnya.jangan sampe gigi patah,hahaha

saya termasuk maria atau martha yah? ehmmm....emng keras ini artikel...jadi berkaca di cermin..Terima kasih Sob^^

Post a Comment